It is recharter time! Each year, troops update their rosters with the Sam Houston Area Council and pay membership dues to keep our troop active in the scouting program.
What you need to do
- Fill in the online troop recharter form
- Settle your dues
- Submit required documents and information
Complete all steps before November 25th. Send all documents and questions to Dianna DesJardins (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Scroll below for details.
Step 1: Fill in the recharter form
Click here to accèss it. Only one form needed per family.
Step 2: Settle your dues
With the recent increase in Scouts BSA fees, our new 2020 dues are $170 for each scout, $40 for each adult. The dues cover the SHAC fees, campsite fees, training, advancement awards, and equipment and scout house maintenance. (Click here to read about the increase in Scouts BSA fees.)
All scouts and families who thrive in the program are encouraged to stay on. For any personal queries regarding your scouting fees, contact Jenny Singson, Committee Chair.
- The troop will continue to pay for registration fees of active adult leaders, endorsed by the Scoutmaster and Committee Chair.
- All other adults can register and pay for themselves to attend camp outs and transport scouts to various activities.
- Parents do not need to be registered with the troop, but if you plan on attending campouts, driving scouts, or working with scouts, you must have an application on file with the troop as well as current YPT training.
How to pay
- By scout account: Fill in and submit a Troop Reimbursement Form
- Money raised through scouting fundraisers (flags, popcorn, coupon books) and are allocated into the scout’s account.
- Flags: Requires a minimum of 11 flags in their route. Adults can be covered with an additional 3 flags each. Submit your flag route information to Jenny Singson at email@example.com to validate your account.
- By PayPal/credit card online: A 3% PayPal processing fee is added. Click here to pay online.
- By check: Write checks out to “Troop 230”.
Step 3: Submit all documents
What you might need:
Registered Adult Requirements:
Remember: Complete your recharter info submission and requirements before November 25th.