We hope you have all had a great summer vacation! As we prepare to get a new year of Scouting started, we wanted to send out a few reminders from the Advancement Committee. Hopefully this will help us tie up some loose ends from last year and have everything ready for a fresh start this year!
1. Please take a look at your child’s Scoutbook account and make sure everything is complete and up-to-date as it should be (merit badges, camping nights, service hours, hiking log, etc.). Please also make sure that everything that is entered in Scoutbook matches up with what is written in your child’s book. Let us know if anything is missing from Scoutbook and we can help get that fixed! It is also a good time to take pictures of your child’s rank advancement pages in their book in the event of a missing or damaged book.
2. We are still missing several records of attendance for Eagle Scout projects that have been done in the past few months. Please turn in those records to either Langley Ho or Amanda Durand ASAP so that we can get those entered.
3. Boards of Review will take place at each meeting as usual. We would like to schedule two per meeting night, but if anyone is in need of a review, and the two slots are filled, please let us know that you need one so that we can make arrangements to add spots and have enough adults to conduct them. We are ALWAYS in need of non-ASM parents to conduct BoRs, so please feel free to check the Sign-Up Genius and volunteer. Remember, before signing up for a BoR, please make sure your Scout has completed all requirements for their rank AND has a completed Scoutmaster Conference form.
4. We have purchased more leadership patches since we were out of some on Election night. If your Scout did not pick up their new patch, they can get those from the Scribe.
5. Our Fall Court of Honor is scheduled for Monday, October 3rd. COH cut-off date is Monday, September 19th.
Thanks so much,